Monday, June 29, 2009

Time Flies

By the end of the week, all the other students will be gone. I cannot believe it. The last week has been all goodbyes.

We've been shopping at the Grand Bazaar and Taksim. We took trips to Sultan Ahmet and Ortakoy (famous, touristy places). Now it's down to packing.

Today Juliana, Carly, and I went to Sile. Sile is a small town located on the coast of the Black Sea. It was two hours from Istanbul by bus. We only spent a couple hours at the beach, but I still managed to get sunburned. Maybe sunscreen doesn't work when mixed with sand.

Oh! Random: We got to the beach and I took my shoes off (so as not to get sand in them) to walk to an empty spot for our towels. I had to do the run from shadow to shadow thing, because the sun had warmed the sand up soooo much. I didn't think it actually got that hot, but my feet are really sore now. I wish I had brought flip flops! Juliana just laughed at me.

Tomorrow is more Grand Bazaar. I swear, if I get called the Spice Girls one more time...
Maeghan

2 comments:

Linda said...

Haha hot sand. I've discovered the same problem before.

Spice Girls? Now that sounds interesting.

Kathleen said...

I wish I was called the Spice Girls...! If that makes sense! And sand is difficult yes.