Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Communists!

I nearly fell out of a moving van today fleeing the communists!

Carly tells me not to exaggerate. See, there was a protest today in Kadiköy. It was the Communist Party. And it stopped traffic. Which meant my bus randomly pulled over and told everyone to get out. I was with Carly and her third host mother, and together we walked towards Kadiköy to catch a bus to Üsküdar. As we got near, we could see a large group of people marching around with flags, and opted to take a dolmuş. While on this dolmuş (which is essentially a van) I decided to switch seats,, which involved sliding past the door which the driver had left open. Thrilling!

I must admit, the statement was much more epic than the explanation. Carly, Juliana, and Valeria all leave tonight/tomorrow morning. I'm "sleeping" at Carly's house and going to the airport with her. I still find myself trying to make plans involving students who've been gone for a month. I can't imagine when it's only Valerio and I.

Maeghan

3 comments:

Paul Jerry said...

First off, the word verification for this is "hyper"....

Mom loves you (as usual), grandma goes back in today but has been doing very well. Mom also hopes that regardless of who you're fleeing from, you will wear a seatbelt from now on :-)

Linda said...

Now that's a way to start off a story.

Kathleen said...

This is an amazing tale. I give two thumbs up.