Wednesday, July 15, 2009

10 Days and Counting...

So for lack of anything better to do, I'm reading the Lufthansa restrictions on carry-on luggage and I'm finding them way more entertaining than they should be. Favorites include:

Items you cannot bring in your carry-on:
-False weapons
-Fake weapons
Okay, can someone please tell me the difference between a fake weapon and a false weapon? No, really.
-Sharp items
-Blunt items
No sharp items, no blunt items... doesn't that rule out, like, everything? I mean, I even looked it up. The definition of blunt is "Having a dull edge or end; not sharp."

Items you can bring in your carry-on:
-A small camera or pair of binoculars
A pair of binoculars.. seriously? Why? So you can spy on the person five rows down? ("Zomg, is he ACTUALLY eating his gross pasta salad with his hands?" I mean, really. ) And, by the way, aren't those a blunt item? Last pair I held was heavy enough to do some damage if used correctly (or incorrectly, depending on how you look at it).
-An appropriate amount of reading material for the journey An "appropriate amount".. so if my book is 800 pages and my flight is only an hour you'll take it away? Or what if it's an over-seas flight (the 7 hour one) and all I bring is a magazine. Are they going to take that away or will they give me more? Plus, what if I'm a really fast reader. How do they know how many books I can get through in 7 hours, huh? Is there a test or something?

Love,
Maeghan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny!

Kathleen said...

??!!

And yeah, binoculars are really quite heavy. And there's string sometimes so you could swing them around and knock someone out!