Sunday, July 12, 2009

Two Weeks

Zomg. Two weeks. Let's see. This week I did more Ikea visits, and also met with two of the Turkish students who are back from exchange to the states. On Wednesday I went out to Bahcesehir to visit Gulin (back from Ohio!). She's the same age as me, and I've met her family before (since they hosted Emily). We spent the day hanging out, eatting icecream, and catching a movie. It was really cool to just talk with her. It surprised me how easy it was to hang out with a complete stranger.

Then today I hung out with Burak, who was in Kansas. Yup! That same Kansas that my dear Carly is from. It's really weird to be like "So-and-so and I did this"and have someone else who you've never met before know exactly who you're talking about. It was like, he'd talk about the students who were in Kansas. Even though I'd never met any of them, through Carly's family (who hosted a girl from France) I knew the people he was remembering. Strange. Also, again it was really easy to just hang out, even though we'd never met before. I've decided it's exchange student magic.

It's super hot and humid here. I've completely lost my apetite because of the heat. Thank goodness Turks are very insistent about feeding exchange students like myself!

Maeghan

3 comments:

Grandma S said...

"Two weeks" is exactly what I said to Grampa this morning. Maybe two of us counting down will speed the time up. We are all looking forward to seeing you.

Unknown said...

Great to hear you are meeting the Turkish students who are returning. have you met Melek's son yet? I bet that would be neat too. Melek and Gunar were so good to you. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your exchange over the weeks and months to come.
xo

Kathleen said...

I want to be an exchange student! :(