Saturday, April 18, 2009

Picnic in the Park

Amanda (California) had a birthday party today! But let me start at the beginning.

I got up to find crepes! Delicious, wonderful crepes. So I ate breakfast with my host family. Then Carly came over to hang out while I made (she helped, of course!) cinnamon buns for Amanda's potluck picnic. THEN Blase (Michigan) and Garet (Illinois) came over. Blase is "partitioning" his portable hard drive, so he needed a place to store information for a while. That would be my computer. So while Blase did that Carly, Garet, and I laid around being lazy.

Carly just moved families so she went home when we headed to Amanda's party. Which was fabulous! We went to this long seaside park and just hung out all evening. Amanda brought a safety blanket from her first aid kit for us to use as the blanket...
That didn't attract attention... But anyway, we hung out throwing a football, listening to music, and eating cake/cookies/cinnamon buns. It was great. I met a bunch of Amanda's friends and we all had a fabulous time. We stayed past sunset (gosh, isn't it amazing?) and all the lights came on so we continued to play, this time Monkey in the Middle. Then everyone else headed to a club in Taksim and I returned home to watch a movie. The picnic part, said Amanda, was because she knew I wouldn't come later. How sweet. Heh. And I'm probably the only exchange student in the world known for not partying. It was a perfect day.

-Maeghan

PS. Except for the part where I think I did something to my left thumb and I don't have a mother who would fix it for me at the dinner table.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I'm not there to pull on your thumb Miss Maegh. Glad you had such a great day.
xoxo

Grandma S said...

Hi Maeghan. Love all your blogs. We're just home after being at Robin's for a week, so I'm catching up on your news. Sounds like you're having a blast. Go girl! Love!!!

Linda said...

I just commented on your past blogs. You blog too fast! Actually, you blog well (then there's me...yikes.) The fish blog was entertaining.

I should start using the word "wikipode" on a regular basis! Start spreading that here in Canada... That's great!

I'm a bit puzzled by the safety blanket.

Allen said...

MAEGHAN That discussion about using wikipedia as verb is hilarious! funniest thing today!
Sounds like that b day party was really cool and casual.
I remember you said you can't get marshmallows in Turkey at the beginning of the year and I am beginning to feel that you can't get them in India either, I need them because we will have a camp fire on our up coming Himalaya trip. We both saw dolphins and we both can't get marshmallows, what will be next??
Hope your life in a marshmallowless world is still good! :p

EmilyRose said...

I saw that gorgeous photo you took of the sunset and just had to comment that in India lots of people believe that it is bad luck to take a picture of a sunset. Because it is like taking light away, taking life away, with the setting of the sun. It is just one of their beliefs. I learned that from an adult exchange student from India. I just thought that was an interesting fact.

<3 Emily

Kathleen said...

I think we should go clubbing, Maeghan. It would shock the world, and we would become famous socialites.