Sunday, May 24, 2009

One Step Closer to A Dream

Anyone who had to sit through Biology with me knows that it's one of my life goals to do the voice-over for an educational film. Today I got closer to this goal than I think I ever will again. Rewind to Friday afternoon.

My host family is of the strange belief that Mexican food cannot be made at home. So I called Carly. A sleepover was set at her house for Saturday night, with us as the chefs.

Saturday Carly, Blase, and Garet are sent by Rotary to a recording studio. I met up with Carly afterward and we created beautiful fajitas together before staying up half the night trading theater stories. Her family loved our food, and the boys actually talked. Amazing!

Sunday morning Carly has to crawl out of bed bright and early to head back to the recording studio. Since nine am seemed a little early to be going home, I tagged along. This turned out to be a good thing, since Amanda was ill and had to cancel. Suddenly I had a rather major part in the recording.

What is this recording, you ask? English listening exam CDs! Mwahahahahaha!
Admittedly I was reading things like "The boy is walking with the dog" and "Henry had to tie his shoe" but I was still over the moon happy.

I promise, promise, promise that I will blog about the trip tomorrow!
-Maeghan

4 comments:

Linda said...

Voice-overs? What what what?
*reading*
People will be studying with the help of Maeghan's voice? That's so cool!

laura said...

Ha ha! Such strange goals you have. And my verification word? SHAVE!! It's actually a word! HA HA HA!!

Unknown said...

you are a star! I can hear the offers pouring in already. Warning your brother will likely want to act as your agent for an outrageous cut.
xo Mom

Kathleen said...

Please tell me you have a copy of one of these CDS!