Friday, May 1, 2009

Picnic!

Today was a national holiday, so my family and three others went on a picnic!

We drove out of town to this little place where we barbecued a whole lot of meat that we bought at one of the malls. Carrefour (the store we went to) is very much like Superstore. It just has the same feel. Sells the same stuff. You know. But! When a guy passed me on roller skates (yes, skates not blades) I was like "Okay, this is the Real Turkish Superstore" and went off giggling to myself for no apparent reason (yet again.) That's where I found this:
Haha. Have you ever seen Clearly Canadian before? Because to any Canadian it clearly isn't. I mean, where's the French? Pfft. Anyway. The picnic-

There were dogs at this place we went to. Two puppies running around and a huge german shepherd who was tied up in the back. Above you see me and the white pup. I think she was the runt. She's smaller than the other one. Everyone loved her.

Here I am with the slightly larger, unloved pup. All the kids were scared of her. Goodness knows why, since she's pretty much harmless. We were playfighting and she'd bite me like she thinks she's a lion but all that it would accomplish was to tickle my hand. It was my job (me being the only one who really liked the dogs) to keep the black puppy away from our group.

So we ate barbecue, played football (soccer), and took photos. All in all it was a good day. We arrived home just before a huge rainstorm, so we managed to stay dry despite the weather predictions. May Day went off without any problems on my end, although there were injuries in the protests in Taksim. I don't think anyone died this year though.

Now my sister and I are trading photographs. Hers are way better than mine, not that that's a surprise. I can't wait for summer holiday when we get to hang out like this every day!

Love, Maeghan

4 comments:

Linda said...

Haha awesome! I love the water and the Turkish Superstore with the Turkish rollerskater. Was he by any chance wearing a black apron of sorts?

Aw. Poor black puppy. Both so cute!

Maeghan said...

Yes! Black apron. It IS the Real Turkish Supersotre. I'm telling you!

Marita said...

I can't even tell you how much fun it is to read your blog!!! I also had to smile when I saw the window video because all of the windows here in Germany are like this! I think they are pretty cool to. I am also thrilled to know the origin of the tulip. I hope everything is going well it sounds like it is! Take care. Greetings from Germany!

Marita

Kathleen said...

Oh dogs! They are cute. I love the Superstoreness...