Monday, August 25, 2008

"And Then We'll Gorge Ourselves On Icecream!" Says the Lactose Intolerant

I spent an evening with some of my closest friends. What a gong show. Sanders decides that it would be perfect (for what, I don't know...) for us to go to Ruckers, and then shows up in a dress. What a girl. After spending ten dollars gaining 500 tickets from one game we chose our prizes (an alien, some play-dough, and candy) we went to Kelsey's for some appetizers and salads. But the real party was at Dairy Queen.

We ordered an icecream cake and some forks and sat there for hours slowly eating this cake with a picture of a skunk on it. Well the skunk wasn't good enough for us so we put our "Laura" figurine on the cake, with her horse figurine standing lovingly beside. This, we decided, was the perfect wedding cake. Well as you may have guessed five girls can not finish an entire icecream cake on their own, although we gave a solid effort. In my cake-eating Olympics, we would join many of our fellow Canadians with a solid fourth, if only for our ambition. All in all it was a perfect night out.

And now I'm sitting here. Here being my front deck. And it's raining. This is one of my favorite smells. The way the dust all settles and the air feels clean- I'll miss this. My mother took Mikiko outside before the rain when she noticed this smell and asked her if it smelled like this before rain in Japan. Mikiko said no. I wonder what it will smell like in Turkey when it rains. I'll have to blog about it.

Until tomorrow, when the panic begins.

-Maeghan

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ha ha ha!

Linda said...

I love the smell of rain...

And I congratulate the Olympian cake eaters.