Friday, August 22, 2008

The Awaited Phone Call

So.. Like five minutes after I posted about Mikiko, the phone rings. I'm on my computer and it's like "Why should I get up? They can leave a message." But something compelled me to answer the phone and it was my travel agent! She got my visa and wanted to know what flight I wanted to take. So here it is:

Wednesday I will leave from the Medicine Hat Airport at 10:15 and fly to Calgary where I have a 6 hour layover before I fly to Frankfurt overnight and then on to Istanbul.

It's so weird to have waited for months only to be given my flight five days before I leave. I'm super excited and yet oddly calm. I guess I'll send an email to my Host Family. I'm back in Medicine Hat on Monday, guys. See you then.

-Maeghan

9 comments:

laura said...

I cannot believe you are leaving so soon!!! You are back in Medicine Hat for Monday and Tuesday, right? Because if you are not, I will personally (and illegally) drive all the way to your cabin and get you.

I'm also very happy for you! And sad for me... But happy for you! You must be so happy to know!

Savour the knowledge!!
Laura

Maeghan said...

I am indeed back for Monday and Tuesday, but on Monday I'm busy at noon and at two.

Linda said...

Ouch, 6 hours...in Calgary...have fun...

Frankfurt Airport is gigantic. Well, actually I don't quite remember much (all airports are the same to me...minus a few language differences--and our own in the Hat of course--I'll never confuse our tiny airport (that has only 2 gates within sight of the entrance) with any other airport...so I'm not completely memory-deficient) except my mom saying that it's a huge airport and noticing how often planes take off and leave from it...but it is supposed to be one of the bigger airports in the world.

Hopefully you get a nice fancy plane with personal tvs on the back of each seat...if not, I hope they play good movies!

And I'm glad that Laura does not have to drive you from your cabin to the Hat. That would be scary (not for me personally, because I'm not driving yet, but for the people driving on the same road as her).

Hope to see you soon then!

Maeghan said...

My only comfort (about the 6 hours in Calgary) is the fact that Laura and Kathleen got me Breaking Dawn. Which has successfully sat in my room WITHOUT BEING READ for five days now. Go me! That is some serious self-restraint.

And Linda, I enjoyed your airport rant.

Kathleen said...

WOOOOO!!! TURKEY!

Linda said...

Go Maeghan!

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

and hopefully we can get together sometime before you leave? call me!

Anonymous said...

GASP!

I go to camp and suddenly things are happening without me.

Ah well, Disney movies might have to wait...