Sunday, August 31, 2008

School Uniforms!!

Hooray! We picked up our school uniforms today. It was so excellent. Mattie and I go to different schools and it ended taking up aaallllll day. But there will eventually be pictures of us in our uniforms on here. Basically my school colours are a baby blue and green-blue. How perfect. So my bottoms (the pants are gross, but I love the skirt) are khaki and my polo shirt is light blue, my long-sleeve shirt is white with writting on the back, my sweater is a dark blue, and my track suit for gym is blue and grey, with a white T-shirt. I haven't gotten shoes yet. Mattie's is even preppier. We go to private schools, by the way. Her stuff is black bottoms, white tops, yellow accents (cuffs, gym clothes, etc). We look so rediculous. I love it.

Ramadan started today. Mattie and I are already starving (no one seems to eat lunch) I can't imagine moving breakfast and supper even further apart. But we aren't expected to participate, so when Milek goes to work we'll dig out the cereal. Tomorrow night we're making pancakes for supper. We need to figure out how to make them more filling, because they don't seem very supper-like, and we're worried about starving Milek's poor mother.

It feels like I've been here more than four days, and I miss you all, though it's not as hard as I thought. I've been telling Mattie about you all and every time something happens I imagine telling one of you about it. "I'd love to learn to make this for my mom!" "Laura and I would laugh about this for days!" "Mitch would think this was sweet." "The Capers would love this uniform." "I need to send a sea shell to Cass-Thor."

Now that I've successfully signed onto my blog I almost don't want to risk leaving, but it's 1:00 am here (saat bir) and I should go to bed.

I love you all,
-Maeghan

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

I am so jealous! I wish I still got to wear a uniform! This is all so sweet!

Maeghan said...

I know! I'm so in love with my uniform, you don't even know. It's taking a lot of willpower to keep me from wearing it around the house.

Kathleen said...

Ha ha! You so should! Yesterday I was watching Labyrinth and after that I shouted, "Where's my big eighties blouse and my eighties vest?" Wait, that has nothing to do with what you just said... Well, the "wearing it around the house" bit!

Kathleen said...

Ha ha ha, PS:

It's my birthday!! Yay!!

Sorry, I am just excited!

Maeghan said...

Happy Birthday! Although I may have said that on facebook too. But really, it's your 16th. I don't think I can say it too much.

Kathleen said...

Ha ha ha! Yay! I know, I can't say it enough either! ALSO...

I had an Indiana Jones cake!!!!

Maeghan said...

Indiana Jones? That is pretty freaking awesome.

Linda said...

oh...the guy (Ty) I mentioned earlier (in 90210) is taking the girl to a restaurant...in another city on a private jet. whoa. (sorry for the play-by-play...it's on TV right now)

ah...I forget, who's Mattie?

ah uniforms...sounds lovely.

so school started...and of course the teachers, to learn our names, put us in alphabetical order--not by first name, of course...by last name. So yeah. Straight to the back corner for me.

I already miss you. I miss the "LINDA!!" I got the first day of school in Grade 10 and the explosive hug that followed.

laura said...

I miss you so much!!! God! Haven't you had enough yet? Just kidding! You sound like you are having SO MUCH FUN!! I am just jealous!
AND I WANT YOUR UNIFORM!!!!! TRACK SUITS?!?! WHATEVER!!