Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Morning Of

I had a good night last night, some friends came over for supper and we had a great time. One of my friends had just gotten her driver's license, so we had her drive us around my block. After they left I stayed up late watching game shows with my family, which was also fun.

Now that I'm leaving I realize how little I've thanked everyone who's helped make my exchange possible, so here's the big, all-inclusive thank you entry.

I'd like to thank (now I sound like I've won an Oscar) my sponsor Rotary club for choosing to send me, those Rotarians involved in the youth exchange, both in my district and Istanbul. I'd like to thank the club in Turkey for accepting me into their country, and my host families there for welcoming me into their homes. Lastly, I want to thank my parents for supporting me in this exchange. Without any of these people, I wouldn't have this amazing opportunity. So thank you to everyone.

For those of you in Canada- I'll see you in a year!

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Woo!! Go Maeghan!

Anonymous said...

I notice I wasn't thanked.

I feel rejected and alone now...

No more background pictures for you! Or Disney movies! Ever!

Linda said...

*polite applause* for the speech. I wonder what the music for wrapping up that speech would sound like...although your speech wasn't overly long like at the oscars, so that's good.

Have fun! Perhaps you'll remember the Frankfurt airport better than I do.

laura said...

Great speech! Almost (cough cough) perfect! You wouldn't have been cut off. Or booed. Unless I was there. Just kidding!

You will have an amazing time!

Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you to write to us from Turkey!

Kathleen said...

And I just realized, this is in Turkey's time zone! Because it sure ain't 11:38 PM! At least I hope not!..

Maeghan said...

Hey Brennan.

Note how none of these lovely ladies who've commented got thanked and yet they are still my friends. You're way to over sensitive.