Monday, October 20, 2008

Don't Feed the Plants! (But the Dogs Seem Okay)

They decided to give heck to everyone not wearing the uniform sweater today. This was 2/3 of the high school student population. They weeded out the 'trouble-makers' this morning as we filed past the teachers (like every morning, only this morning it was hardcore). I happened to be wearing an American Eagle hoodie that was conveniently the same colour as the school one, so I wouldn't stand out as much (like I said, usually they aren't as strict). As everyone walked by they were saying one of two things to each of them. (Presumably "You're good," or "Go stand over there.") As I walked by they just said "Kanada" and let me pass. Lol. As if my country explains everything. I guess being foreign has its plusses.

At my house there is a plant with 1/2 inch long spikes sticking out of all of its branches. It is conveniently located exactly where my are goes when I throw things out. Today the stupid thing drew blood. It better have gorgeous blossoms, or I'll throw it out the window (not nearly as threatening as before, now that we live on the ground floor). Also, if it asks me to feed it, it's gone.

I bought dog treats on Saturday, and have been carrying them in my purse with me. I hand them out to all the stray dogs I come across. They're just so cute!

As for a random thing I haven't mentioned- there are double decker busses here. Heartbreakingly, they aren't red. I'm trying to figure out where they stop so that I can get on one. I don't care where it takes me, as long as there's an open seat on the top! I'll look into it. Round trip on the bus anyone? My treat.

-Maeghan

PS. I love hearing from you- feel free to comment!

12 comments:

Paul Jerry said...

R: "Hi my name is Ricky Bobby"
C: "And I'm Cal Naughton Jr."
R: "Today we'd like to talk to you about a growing problem."
C: "Yes, large packs of stray dogs... roaming the cities of North America."
R: "If you see a stray dog, don't get an adult, approach it yourself..."
C: "You might want a long pole, maybe 10 or 30 feet..."

Maeghan said...

Lol. I was going to make reference to that, but didn't know how to fit it in.
"Lets talk about the dangers of reading too early..."

Kathleen said...

What a freaky plant! Do you know what it is called? I want to look up a picture of it!

Allen said...

When you are an exchange student being foreign explains everything. We have Double Decker buses too they are wicked. That is suck a good idea with the dog treats I think I might have to commandeer it.
great Blog overall and sorry I haven't been commenting.

Marita said...

That plant sounds nothing short of evil!! lol Hopefully it doesn't draw more blood. OHHHH and I saw on your profile that one of your fav bands is the Spill Canvas!! OMG I LOVE THEM!

Linda said...

Ha I love that. Kanada.

A savage plant? Yikes, what the heck is it doing in a home where it can harm Maeghan's arm as she's throwing random things? Stupid ridiculously-pointless spikes and all other things ridiculously pointless.

Aw that's so awesome of you for feeding the poor dogs.

WHAT? D:SKJE:RLIJE:L JELKJ :LWK Double decker buses? Really? I don't know, it's not like I haven't been on one but they still always amuse me overly much. That is depressing that they took out the doubledeckers in London. Like, what the frick, that is a SYMBOL of London? Even though it doesn't affect me much since I'll probably never go there. Still.

Linda said...

haha oh Maeghan I love the relationship between my suffering and staring at turkey and you being in Turkey! I love you more for relating that. Laura still cracks up about the whole turkey for thanksgiving in Turkey.

But I guess it was kind of hard on Laura when Savannah and Cassandra were yelling STOP! and such at her while driving.

Maeghan said...

Poor Laura. Just think of the things she must be plotting for when they can drive her around..

Linda said...

haha xD

Kathleen said...

Whaaat? You should go to London, Linda!

Linda said...

I wish I could.

laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.