Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My History Teacher (Everyone's Favorite)

Help! My history teacher told me to share a funny anecdote with the class today, but I had nothing to say! So he said that he isn't going to teach me history anymore, because I don't care about them (as in the class). He also said he isn't going to talk in english anymore (he doesn't speak english...) and that he's not going to draw anymore maps on the board for me (reference to the first day of his class). He's joking of course, but still. I fear the only way to correct this is to go to class next time with a story prepared and offer it to him. Somebody remind me of a funny story I can tell my class. I can think of a couple incidents, but they seem more like you-had-to-be-there moments.

As for the rest of school, I've taken Emma by Jane Austen out of the school library. I wish I spoke German. Then I'd borrow the school's german copy of The Adventures of Davey Crockett. They have som really wierd books in that library. Next I think I'll read the Illiad. But anyways.

Yesterday İdil and I were heading back to class after one of the 25 minute breaks and on our way we passed a group of kindergardeners (the boys' uniform is blue and the girls' is pink!) . I said to İdil "Aww! They're so cute!" and she replied "No. I hate those things." Those things. It was sooo funny. Probably another one of my you-had-to-be-there moments. All in all this week has been rather uneventful. I'm still enjoying myself though!

-Maeghan,
looking for ideas for her anecdote.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Emma is a good book!

Those things? Aw...did she have a bad experience? Ha.

Glad you're enjoying yourself!

Savannah said...

HAHAHAHAAA Oh god, funny anecdote for you, when you me Linda and Sally were playing in the fountain/park area by the train, and we saw two old people go into the bushes, and then the cops go around and chase them out.

Okay that wasn't that funny, but iw as sure laughing hahaha!

Maeghan said...

They're annoying, apparently.
And I think I'll talk about the time CassThor's sister scared me half to death.

Linda said...

haha nice.

laura said...

HA HA!!! Are you talking about the time Vanessa was sleepwalking? Because if it is, you should totally use that! THAT WAS SO FUNNY!!!

And also, were you kidding about reading the Illiad? Because if you weren't, you are CRAZY! I love that word.

Maeghan said...

Yes, the sleepwalking incident, when else have I ever slept over? And I wasn't kidding. Why am I crazy?

Kathleen said...

Oh wow that was so hilarious with the sleepwalking and all! And so they have a lot of English books there? Or just some? And German? Do they have a million different languages of books?

Maeghan said...

They do have german! They have the adventures of davey crocket in german!! They have like, two shelves of english books. I own way more books than the school does.