Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hopeful Grafitti

Just wanted to say that they switched my school bus again (back on 15 guys, but only on the way home- 28 still picks me up in the morning). On this new route, I pass "Love.is.here." spray painted on a concrete partition. The wall seperates the road from these houses that look absolutely terrible. Their yards are really dirty and the houses are tiny and the roofs sag and it's depressing. That grafitti somehow makes it a little better, whether or not it's true. I haven't really talked about it, but every now and then when we're driving or when I'm on the bus I'll pass a section of houses that look absolutely terrible. Like if you had any choice you would not live there. There was this group of them I saw about a month ago and these houses looked like shacks. With bent tin roofs and tarps strung out from the walls as if to create an extra room outside. Or dirty children playing out front in clothes that don't fit them. It can be seriously depressing. But all I was going to talk about was the "Love.is.here." It conveys hope.

-Maeghan

8 comments:

Paul Jerry said...

Take some pics if you can...

Rowan said...

That's adorable.

Love.is.here.

^.^

Linda said...

Aw that's a really sweet message. We need more of that in the world.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you.
Love,
Mom

Maeghan said...

Sure thing Dad.
I'll be the weird pale kid taking pictures out the bus window. Wouldn't be the first time. But usually they don't turn out.

Hey Laura- My word verification was notomism.

laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laura said...

HA HA HA!! Mine was extus!
And please do be that kid.

Kathleen said...

Ha ha... Mine is "geave". Anyway, that is sad!