Thursday, January 22, 2009

Class 11 -D Skip Day?

So.. between both Emily's class and mine there were 4 people at school today other than us. So I just went to Emily's classes (since Merve went to some other class and my room was *completely* empty) and we of course have gym together anyways.

So we get there before the boys (there were 3 boys from her class at school today) and ask for the soccer ball. The only soccerball. Which forces the boys to play with us. YES. I played soccer. With the scary boys (as in if I'd like my face to stay the way it is I wouldn't play goal with them, although they're nice and go easy on us girls). And it was soooooooooo much fun. Made my day. EASILY. I mean.. we got laughed at alot, but whatever. So Emily and I suck at soccer? We actually broke a sweat in gym class. And interracted with her classmates who usually don't acknowledge her. So it was all in all a great experience. I am just thrilled.. can you tell?

Eeeee!

And then we were going to watch The Goonies in her English class but we couldn't get the computer to work, so we went for a walk. And Sean lent the movie to me so it's all good. I'll watch it tonight.

And since today is my parents' birthday, I called home (I'm now at -20 kontor.. dang!) and later went on webcam with my parents. Which was really nice. I'd have liked to have talked to my brother too, but the timing was so convinient and besides.. it isn't his birthday yet.

So yeah. That's life here. One of the exchange students, Mattie, is going home next Friday. Rather than going to her 7th host family (9th if you count the two families who she got ready for who never picked her up) she is done. And so she'll be leaving, which will be really, really sad. Mattie is the student I'm closest to (emotionaly, definitely not geographically!) so it'll be wierd for her to not be around.

*sigh* This is all. I leave for a Western Anatolia Tour on Sunday. 9 days of partying with the other students. Our chaperone is one of the Rotex, so we'll pretty much be able to get away with everything (this has me thrilled because an adult would never let me swim in the Dead Sea this time of year... fear of death by getting cold, down to "oh my gosh you need to wear socks in the house!"). I'll probably blog once more before I go, but I can't promise anything.

Love you lots and lots and lots!
-Maeghan (a measurement of awesome!)

6 comments:

Linda said...

Yay! That's awesome. Go Maeghan you soccer demon!
So were all the classes like this? What the heck? Why doesn't that happen here? Well, I suppose it does, on semi-snow days (a.k.a. the buses aren't running so half the students don't show up). But, that's almost never.

Haha dang...that emo kid.

Where was Mattie from originally? And why 9 families?

Have fun no the tour!
DROWSY CHAPERONE just popped into my head. Which I don't mind. Much better than having "There is Life Outside Your Apartment" stuck in my head during my English exam--since I was writing about how this one person in a movie helped his friend go outside his apartment. So yeah.

There is life outside your apartment! There's a pigeon squashed on the street.

Ew.

x) You are a measurement of awesomeness!

Jayden said...

Holly! 7 familes? I have three. thats crazy! Hopw many are you going to have?

laura said...

That is so great that you got to play soccer! Did you kick some Turkish boy butt? I betcha did.
And, um, why were there no people in your class? I know Linda asked this already, but I must reiterate to ensure it gets answered.
HAHAHAHA!!!! Maeghan (measurement of awesome!)

Allen said...

Holy guacamole you have already posted 100 times, you are my hero. I don't have the desire to post that often but you will look back and love yourself for it, I won't. :-/ Anyway Turkey sounds like an amazing place and it is super cool that you can just travel between Europe and Asia so easily.
It sounds more like a place I would like to visit in the near future, except I wouldn't know the language. oh well.
Thanks for your comments I love them!
That soccer sounds fun.

Kathleen said...

Ha ha go Maeghan! I'm glad you got to play soccer finally! Happy Birthday to your parents! And I hope your trip is awesome!

Kathleen said...

P.S. I wonder if you liked The Goonies...