Saturday, January 24, 2009

Travel Itenary

So.. Here's what I'll be up to for the next 9 days:

25th January: Istanbul – Pamukkale
Drive to Pamukkale.

26th January: Pamukkale - Antalya
After breakfast, swimming possibilities in Hot Springpool at the Hotel.
Leaving the Hotel to visit the city, Plutonium, Theatre, Bath and Gymnasium.

27th January: Antalya
Full day excursion to Perge- Aspendos , before leaving visit the Old Harbour of Antalya and then continue to the Acropolis of Perge, drive to the City of Aspendos to visit the Agora, The Basilica Fountains, and the Theatre.

28th January: Antalya - Kaş
Drive to Demre where Father Christmas was born , visit the Church of St. Nicholas. Drive to continue to Kekova for a boat tour.

29th January: Kaş - Fethiye
Departure from the hotel, visit Xanthos, later drive to continue to Fethiye, arrival early in the afternoon and visit the Dead Sea. (you can bet that I will be swimming!)

30th January: Fethiye - Bodrum
Tour of Dalyan by boat. Afternoon arrival in Bodrum visit the castle of Bodrum and Yacht Harbour.

31st January: Bodrum – Kuşadası - Izmir
Visit Didyma and then continue to Ephesus Tour visiting the ruins of Ephesus, and The Museum, Virgin Mary. Afternoon drive to Izmir.

01st February: Izmir - Çanakkale
Pergamon Tour, visiting Acropol, Asclepion, Theatre, The Agora and Ancient City of Pergamon.

02nd February ; Çanakkale - Istanbul
The Troy tour, and then crossing Dardanelles by ferryboat and drive to Istanbul Gallipoli to visit the trenches from World War I during the Canakkale War between Turk’s and Anzacs and Allied Powers.

Okay.. does that not sound SUPER packed? I have a feeling that I will want to visit some of these places again and spend more time exploring. I mean.. we cover sooo much in such a little amount of time. If the İstanbul tour was any indication most of the tour will be rush-rush-rush! But I can't wait to see this all. Many of my classmates haven't seen as much of the country as I will see on the two trips (there's one in May that I will go on as well).

See you next month!
-Maeghan

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Uh WOW! That sounds right up my alley. You are going to have so much fun. And am I insane, or did you say you are going to SANTA'S BIRTHPLACE?!? Ha ha ha... Yes.

Paul Jerry said...

Mom says - Sounds like fun! Have a great time.
Dad says - if you remember, when you're in Ephesis, if you happen to visit the Temple/Chrich of St. John, could you pick me up an icon?
Mitch says - he'll catch up with you on FB

laura said...

Oh my GOD!!! You are going to have the best time EVVVVVVVVER!!!!! That sounds like so much fun! You're going have to take lots of pictures, right??

And how do they KNOW where Santa was born?? Craziness!!

Char said...

Sounds to me like you'll need a chocolate boost - go to this link for the easiest chocolate cake recipe ever(single serving, in a mug). Have a safe trip!

Char said...

Forgot the link...duh...

http://greenstylemom.blogspot.com/2009/01/chocolate-mug-cake.html

Linda said...

I forgot that the Dead Sea was in Turkey. That's so awesome!...except for the rush-rush-rush thing. That's like how it is with my parents. It can get pretty crazy and we ran into this one tourist group that was doing 5 countries in 7 days. Ha. Now that's way too rushed. But have fun!