Friday, January 9, 2009

Page 100..

So my VP told me today that I have to go to my classes. This means that I spend all day sitting there, completely bored, knowing that I would be 1000x more productive and happy in the English Department. By lunch I had read the first 100 pages of my Turkish-English dictionary. At this rate it will take me about 3 days to get through the English to Turkish section.
I wrote down words that I thought would be useful and/or fun to use. Highlights include-
archenemy- baş düşman
brainwash- beyinkamak
cadaver- ceset (When transporting a cadaver..!)
diabolic- seytanca
dinosaur- dinozor
fizzle- vızlamak
And that's where I stopped.. Today's program is brought to you by "The Letter F"

Oh! and my personal favorite?
cannibal- yamyam
Because it's obviously the sound one would make as it ate you.. You have to adopt a Turkish accent to get it just right. The A is like.. the sound at the beginning of the word awful.
*I am picturing my friends sitting in our hallway at lunch, giggling and saying "yamyamyamyam..."*

So after finding such excellent words I was in a better mood and talked with my friends sort of. I drive myself nuts not having anything to say to them. It's ridiculous. I don't understand how IIII can have NOTHING to say...

Anyways, that was my day.

-Megatron

PS. If I were an animal, based on looks, what would I be? Please help! My class thinks I'm a goldfish! Tell me it isn't true.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ha ha ha! Yamyam... Hmm... I still have to think of what animal you'd be.

Linda said...

OH MY GOODNESS! YAMYAM IS PERFECT! haha...that's even better than mıymıntı.

Language barriers can suck. I know. Especially when I'm supposed to know Chinese since I am Chinese but then I start talking to my completely Chinese cousins and I say something idiotic and they laugh. But oh well, hopefully they understand my incapability...

You are not a goldfish! Definitely not. Hm...why are they comparing people to creatures anyway? Counter back that they look like clownfish--because that means that their gender is undetermined! Ha! Bio nerd smarts!