Friday, January 2, 2009

Nothing Much

Just a short hello!
School is school. Life is life. Eve is leaving! = '( This weekend we are saying goodbye... I am going to cry.
However on a happier note, New Year's Eve was like.. "Make Fun Of Canada" Day in the English department. That's right. All those American teachers (okay.. three) picking on an innocent Canadian exchange student's country. Where was Janice (the Calgarian) when I needed her?
Today I was complaining about Hatchet, a book I really disliked. The excerpt I was reading (Emily and I made quizzes today) was about him deciding to eat berries. Idiot. Those are bird berries. We all know he's going to get sick. I said this. Emily replies that she wouldn't know which berries were good to eat and which weren't if she was stranded in the wilderness. Not everyone is Canadian. Rofl. These are honestly the comments that fill my days as an exchange student. We always tease each other about our countries and our cultures, regardless of truth. It can get pretty hilarious. Us Canadians and our wild berries!

-Maeghan

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ha ha I definitely wouldn't know what kind of berries to eat...

Unknown said...

remember Maeghan rosehips are an excellent source of vitamin C. You can also use them in a tea.
love your Canadian mom.

Linda said...

Wow, I have not checked in since Christmas eve, but I have now officially caught up!

Why did they pick on Canada?

Another thing you can add to genuine-Canadian-ness: when there's too much snow that the only way to travel is by crawling, to avoid falling in. Quite a sight, especially for those who have not seen snow x)

EmilyRose said...

I KNOW ABOUT THE GOOD-BYE PART!! The other exchange student in my city is Austrailian too, and he is leaving in a week. It is so....sad. I don't want to have to say good-bye!! So I have decided I won't. No. I will say, "Farewell, until we meet again." Because then it means it is not the end...:)I think that an exchange never really ends anyway because the memories will remain with the person for a lifetime. <3