Thursday, January 8, 2009

On the Languages Note..

Today I impressed Jimena (our lovely Mexican) by telling her, when she pulled a banana out of her bag, that "Los monos les gustan comer los platanos y los oves!" and then later "El oso polar teine una lengua violeta". *Obviously* I must know more spanish than I let on if I know these completely random sentences... Or not. So I started to sing! And I sang "De Que Color es la Piel de Dios?" which Jimena KNEW! Hoorah. Fun stuff. Unfortunately that really is all I can remember. Oh! And "Me podria decir como se llega al castillo?"

-Maeghan

PS. In order the spanish sentences mean "Monkeys like to eat bananas and grapes!" "The polar bear has a purple tongue." "What colour is the skin of God" is the song, and "Can someone please tell me the way to the castle?" <3 Te amo! Adios.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Ha! I remember you asking me that last question in gym class last year! You were with Laura and I and we were taking a walk.

Kathleen said...

I have NO idea what that means. Well, I do now I guess.