Monday, January 5, 2009

The Sun Didn't Come Out...

But I had a good day anyways!

Yesterday I made a sim version of my family (we look nothing like us) and a sim version of my house (because I was worried I had forgotten it) and was generally lazy. Hoorah.

Today I started off the morning ranting to Emily about how people don't move out of the way. I'm walking with my shoulder practically pressed against the wall and the group of three people don't shift to let me through, so I end up basically shoulder-checked into a door. Sweet. Thank you. I like you too. But really? It's like that all the time. People here don't move like we do. Walking on the sidewalk? Short of stepping onto the street and getting run over by a taxi I CANNOT MOVE FURTHER OVER so let go of your girlfriend's hand and walk behind her for two paces! Jeez. Life in the fast lane. From now on I'm going to be agressive with my inevitable walking-into-people. Like, instead of just brushing shoulders, pushing back with that shoulder. Grr! Attack of the angry Canadian! Hehe. Or not...

Anyways! Once this very serious rant was out of the way, we had a great time doing nothing. Well.. Emily did stuff. All day. I had to sit and stare at the wall. Why? Because whenever Arzu gives us a one-person job Emily jumps on it before I can blink. I mean, I'm happy that she's so keen to do stuff, but I'd like to have something to do too. Then at the end of days like these she gives me a minilecture about being productive and asking if there are things that can be done, etc. Um.. thanks, tips. You could maybe not insist on doing EVERYTHING, even if it's handed to me.

Like we helped (well, actually, Emily did. I just sat there for moral support through most of it *rolls eyes*) a girl who applying for an exchange to the USA through YES fill out her application. Originally Arzu hands it to me and we sit down, Emily slides the papers over to look at them and before I know it she's taken the pen out of my hands and starts writing what the girl is saying. Sweet nectar! Arrg! This was going to be a positive entry. Right.

So there's one part where a teacher who knows the student well is supposed to answer questions about stuff. How they know the student, some of their strengths and weaknesses, etc. And Arzu calls Sean over "Are you doing anything? Great. I need you to do this letter of recomendation thing for Selin. I've gotta run, my Preps are writing an exam."

Sean being Sean, he is sarcastic and pretends to be annoyed to have to do this. We all sit down to write this recomendation letter all about a girl we've known for ten minutes. We ended up writing it as Arzu, since she actually knows the girl (putting I've known this student for ten minutes because she needs a teacher to fill this out! isn't exactly complimentary) and just made up stuff based on what the girl told us. Heh. It was so funny. BSing in the English department. Probably the best part of my day.

Lastly, sitting in my bus, waiting for it to leave, I look out my window and see a kid in the other bus (he's about 5, and in kindergarten) with his face pressed up against the glass making faces. He sees me and stops, his nose squished, mouth a big O and tongue mid-lick. I broke down in laughter, very akward in a bus full of people who don't know why you're laughing.

Oh! And I received my birthday package from my family.

-Maeghan xxoo

4 comments:

Paul Jerry said...

Your package came!!! We are so excited and will open it at supper! Nice 'familyhood of the travelling box'

Kathleen said...

Ha ha I am glad you had a pretty much good day. Keep on keeping on!

Linda said...

Think of it this way, for a long time, I was surprised at how nice some people here are, because that's how it is in China. If someone actually allows me some walking space, I'll think, wow, that is so nice of them! So I guess I'm just not used to it.

Haha I'd like to see that angry Canadian.

Moral support! It can be a very important job. Some people when giving moral support forget who they're supposed to be supporting. I guess that's kind of like in Social Studies when we're in a debate and everyone on my team looks at me and goes, "Linda! You're smart! You're our representative! And oh...Kenny, you talk a lot! You can be representative with her!" Kenny gives moral support. He's better than Mark, I suppose, who starts arguing for the other side.

The BSing sounds good.

Aw, that's like what I saw today! While we were all waiting for our stupid bus to come (in winter weather no less), we saw over 5 buses (none of them ours, of course) pass by and then there was this one, with only 3 little kids in it, and they were sitting behind each other and they had their faces pressed against the windows, making retard faces, or banging their rings on the window, or just basically looking stupid and weird. And then this group of guys standing beside me waiting kind of look at each other with the typical "haha...wha..?" look. The best part of it was, I could totally imagine them when they were little doing the exact same thing.

After that, we saw a dog running across the street and then a car came down the road and it was like "NO!" and then GASP when the dog veered right in time and then a "wow..." as the dog continues along its way unharmed. It was a cute, tiny little dog. (One of the guys in that same group of guys was like, "Shoot! We just almost saw a dog getting run over! Oh man...I would have cried if that happened..." Those are the type of guys they are. The same guy who went "What's your name?" while we were squished together on the bus one day (I've noticed that the school bus is one of the few and only places where you'll be forced to squish so close together to a total stranger--as in totally squished right beside them--even on the neighbouring seat). "Linda." "What? Inda?" "Sure..." He turns to his friend who is sitting behind me (who is so adorably short, only he's not actually that adorable) and goes "This is Inda!" "Inda? I think she said Linda." "Oh. (turns to me) Is your name Linda?" "Yes, it is." "Oh--ha, see, I kind of figured...put two and two together and you know..." "Right. You're just a genius, aren't you?" "Heh, yeah..." Yep. That kind of guy.

Those were my adventures while waiting for the bus, and being squished not-so-comfortably to people on the bus.

Also definitely awkward when you burst out laughing amongst a group of people you're not familiar with because of something funny that you remembered. So you're just this laughing lunatic sitting there in the corner of the room, who's laughing for no reason. Definitely not insane, nope, not me.

Wow, that was incredibly long. Maybe it will (or maybe it won't) provide a little bit of entertainment for when you're bored...

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the lovely presents Maeg. We had a great time opening them this evening. Mitchell kept saying that it smelled like Turkey. How he knew what Turkey smelled like, I don't know.
Mom