Saturday, September 20, 2008

Absolutely Nothing

I've fallen into a routine that involves getting on bus #28 two minutes before it's supposed to pick me up, sitting in a classroom where I don't understand what's being said until either bus #15 or #28 takes me home again. By this time I'm exhausted even though I've done nothing, and after supper with Melek I go to bed.

So basically there's been nothing worth mentioning here, my days have been good overall. It rained on Thursday, and I understand what my classmates were telling me about snow stopping the city.

Today we chose clubs I think. Again, not quite sure what's happening.. But there was this list that included things like: Chess, World Languages, Theatre, Library, Social something, Photography, Travel, National somethingerother, and Jewlery. I think that's all. Regardless. As I understand it the clubs choose you (?) and so I got to express my top three choices (Theatre, Photography, and World Languages- in that order) and I guess eventually I'll find myself in one of those. I've also been asking about the school's swimming team and may see if they'll take me, despite the fact that I'm slow as molassas.

Next week looks to be exactly the same, so don't expect many posts.

-Maeghan

8 comments:

laura said...

You get to take Turkish Theatre. And Turkish Photography. Oh. My. God! Your life is so infinitely more amazing than mine. I'm pretty sure that I say that every time I comment, but it every time you post it becomes more and more clear.

I hope you get on the swim team! I don't think you are as slow as molasses. I highly doubt it, in fact. Maybe you should try eating 12 000 calories a day, like Michael Phelps.

You sound like you are understanding a lot of Turkish now! You are awesome! Can you have conversations in Turkish?

Unknown said...

Hi Maeg,

Good luck with clubs. Keep us posted. I can see it now you'll be back at MHHS next year and wondering why actors aren't responding to your directions, not realizing that you gave the directions in Turkish.

You may not swim quite as fast as Phelps -but still you are a beautiful swimmer. Hasn't Lisa always told you that. Really you are.

I'm with Laura and think you are picking up far more Turkish than you realize.

gule gule! (be onyour way with a smile).

Linda said...

Well have fun regardless!
Good luck with the swim team! I know! You can eat five dozen eggs so you're roughly the size of a barge xD (because Michael Phelps apparently eats a lot of eggs too. Not quite as many, I think though.)

Grandma S said...

I'm enjoying your postings. Keep them coming so we can soak up your cultural experience.
A lack of snow for one year sounds pretty enticing to me.

Maeghan said...

Lol. I like that swimming immediately brings to mind Phelps now. I won't be eatting 12000 calories, because despite how often my host mom tries to buy me chocolate bars, I don't think I could consume such a large number of calories if I ate everything in the apartment.

Kathleen said...

That is going to be so awesome. And you are going to be the star of the World Languages club.

Kathleen said...

Also... Jewelry? Weird!

Maeghan said...

I don't think I join all three, I think they either accept me or they don't and then I join whichever of the chosen clubs was top.