Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Blake Lively, Snow Days, The OC, and Kicking Kittens.

There is absoloutely no thought going into the organization of this entry. I just feel like sharing with y'all a bunch of random stuff, so here it goes.

Idil (the girl who sits beside me) and I were discussing Gossip Girl. And Blake Lively came up. Apparently the Turkish masses think she's unattractive. "She's ugly. And has bad eyebrows." Lol. *Maeghan looks up a picture of Blake Lively* Sorry, not seeing it.

Buying more textbooks today (well I wasn't, but anyways) I noticed The OC and Mr. Bean's Holiday on the shelves among the other textbooks and learning materials. That's right guys, somewhere in this school people are watching The OC and getting marks for it. Where do I sign up?

Again talking. This time about snow (kar). Apparently if it snows there is almost always a snow day. If it snows. Not if it's -40, not if there are 3 feet, just if it snows. PLEASE SNOW ON ME.

Also, while I'm on the topic of weather, they're predicting rain for tomorrow. How do I know? I watched the weather channel on Sunday... AND UNDERSTOOD IT. Can I have a round of applause please? Thank you, thank you!

And lastly, English class. Specifically English 2, with my American teacher. Last Thursday we did idioms, which in and of itself was amusing, but I especially enjoyed when one boy misread the board. This is the same boy who fixed my phone on the bus. Teacher Benjamin (or Mr. Wright) wrote "A pretty penny" and asked "What's this one mean?" The response- "A little horse". Laughed at that one. Or explaining the meanings of words. Like today... "Teacher Benjamin, what does 'shame' mean?" Burcu and I gave examples, but they were shot down by the teacher, who then proceded to say "...like a shameful act- If I kick kittens, that is a shameful act." ROFL. That's when I pulled out the Turkish-English dictionary.

-Maeghan

PS. I went to watch Savannah's video of Brodie and Connor's Accents, and I can't get the speakers to turn on. = ( That video always makes my day when I watch it. I will need to look into my speaker problem.

7 comments:

Rowan said...

Your class sounds so fun! And I don't see the problem with Blake Lively either...

If only it would snow...

Linda said...

Blake Lively is not ugly...
Mr. Bean's Holiday? The OC? What is this?

pfft...wish we got snow days so easily. You should tell them that they get it way too easy over there and that some people have to walk to their bus stops in -40 degree weather (with wind chill) in thick coats like the eskimos do it. In fact, tell them that one of your friends lives in an igloo. I wonder if they've heard of that over there? And hey, what the heck, throw in a penguin (although then they might suspect something, because penguins live in Antarctica)

Congratulations on understanding the weather! GO MAEGHAN!!

Wow, I love your teacher's example.

Savannah said...

LOL.
You must get the speakers working.
Plug your headphones into the laptop?!

Linda said...

And by the way, the lovely coat of arms idea...Ms. Pickett.

Went to the Hat High website...they changed the layout! WOW and oh my, is that Jeremy Mielke in the layout? He doesn't go to our school anymore...(wow the class of '08 was great. And that rhymed...) Ah man, and thinking of him reminds me of some of our excellent plots. You've got to love the laundry carts...taking inspiration from Meersie.

Linda said...

oh Millie.

Ty said...

heres youre aplase and it sounds like your having alot more fun:)

Kathleen said...

The English teacher shot your examples down? What the heck?!? And "a pretty penny" is a pretty random expression...