Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Everything

Okay. Life here is desperately boring. Mattie and I spend all day in the apartment while Melek works. We have no imagination and end up doing the same thing every day. Thus far I've watched a lot of MTV and football. There is this one soap opera that we've been watching with Melek all evening and I am dying to know what is happening. There are a lot of soap opera gorgeous people and one of the plots involves a picture in the paper of some of the main characters eatting out. Everyone who sees it is upset. I don't understand at all. Then there's this guy who beat his kid. And I think the wife might take the kid and leave.. Who knows? Anyways, Mattie said she'd buy me the box set when I leave Turkey so I can figure out what all of this is about.

Did I tell you all that YouTube is blocked by the Turkish government? Mattie and I wanted to look up a music video we saw on TV and couldn't view it. Lame. So basically we decided to play sims instead and made this freakishly eccentric family with a ridiculous house. Then we made sims of ourselves. They adopted a kid dressed in a panda suit.. only ın sims. Tomorrow we should do something more productive.

I used your strategy, Dad, and we're switching my clothes on Saturday, I think. I also still need shoes for school (and maybe white tights) and Mattie and I want to find postcards to send home. It's half us just wanting to get out of the apartment, really. It's so small and very hot and even just to go to the garden in between this apartment and the next one would be good.

There are stray animals everywhere here. I can see at least one dog (köpek) out my window all the time. They're so thin! I feel terrible and want to go feed them, but I'm afraid that a) I'll lock myself out of the apartment, b) I'll get bitten and die from rabies, or c) Someone will talk to me in Turkish. I know the last fear is weird, but I don't want to speak to a stranger in a foreign country when I don't know what they're saying. There were more cats (kedi) near the beach house, and they wandered through the yard all the time. On Saturday night we had chicken wings for supper and Melek left the bones out in the garden for the cats to have. When I watch people walk by them it's like they don't even notice, which is probably true. I wonder if anyone keeps them as pets, or if this is uncommon. I would think it would be with the number of apartment buildings here. I've yet to see an animal on a leash.

So now you know nearly everything I've contemplated over the last few days. Hopefully I'll have something interesting to write soon. The reason I'm posting so much is because I have nothing to do. Comment and tell me if you want less.

-Maeghan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? you aren't using my suspender idea?

Lame.

And why would we want less? remember, we have nothing to do as well.

Somehow I suspect I had something to do with the fear of rabies...

Kathleen said...

Ha ha, no, keep posting! It is very interesting to those of us here! I especially want to hear more about this soap opera...

And what??! YouTube is blocked? That sucks.

We had our first day of school today! We were told that there will be no fall production, so you don't have to worry about missing that!

Linda said...

Heh, oh yeah...sounds like me watching a movie in Japanese because there was nothing else to do in the hotel in japan. Imagine, you fly all that way on a excrucatingly long flight and you end up sitting in a hotel watching a movie you dont even understand.

No Youtube? What about other video sites?

What temperature is it there normally? We just had a rain so the temperature is like 18 degrees.

Oh I know c. I usually end up making a fool of myself in front of a stranger because I dont know what they're saying...so they think I'm deaf. Actually that happens with English too sometimes. I'm just slow I guess. Or I'm afraid I'll give wrong information.

No post more! xD

laura said...

If you stop posting ridiculously long and pointless comments, I will use all my airmiles and fly to Turkey to give you a stern talking to. That will be quite a feat because I have no aeroplan account and thus, no airmiles... I might walk.

Maeghan said...

You're going to walk to Turkey.
Have you heard of the Atlantic Ocean? I'll try to be more relevant in the future.