Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sometimes I Hate Life.

Today I would like you to imagine yourself in a foreign country. You know a bit of the language, just enough to get by, and usually that's okay. Now imagine yourself on a computer set to this foreign language. Imagine you come across a problem with msn. Imagine that you cannot fix this problem because you don't know what the computer says is wrong. Imagine that you try to look it up online except that the translation devices for that specific language really suck. Imagine you try to reinstall msn. Imagine it doesn't work and now the computer keeps flashing notifications at you in the foreign language mentioned above. Imagine you manage to sign in, but all of your contacts have been erased. Imagine you try to uninstall msn. Imagine it doesn't work, all you get are those stupid, unhelpful notifications in a foreign language that has crappy online translators. Imagine the frustration as this goes in a cycle for over an hour. Now you know why I don't really feel like telling you about my day right now. Welcome to the downside of being an exchange student with technology. Seriously? Letters never erase all your address book. I say we throw all our computers out the windows of tall buildings into İstanbul traffic.

-Maeghan

8 comments:

Maeghan said...

Although, to make this day not sound completely horrible, I did draw an enchanted forest on my right leg to go with the leg hair I'm growing out.
I wish the hair on my head grew as fast as the stuff on my legs.

Kathleen said...

Oh no!! Does it work now?

Linda said...

An enchanted forest? With unicorns?!
Unicorns will cheer anybody up. Of course.

Technology anywhere in the world is pretty retarded. Like say for example, my Spybot which is supposed to remove spyware and the like. Except that it's warning and blocked windows keep popping up and are taking up about half the screen right now. And once one closes, another one comes up. It's never ending. So I'm just letting my computer blocking and popping up stupid notifications in the background as I type this. It's probably still going as I speak. I'm liking your idea of throwing computers. I know Ms. MacGregor has thought of it many times. The only thing that's stopping her is the fact that none of our windows open--the ones that are supposed to open don't. That would be interesting to watch though.
*crash*
Students look up to see a computer flying down. Ms. Macgregor stands at the window with that grin of hers. Oh yeah.

Maeghan said...

Poor Senorita. She is always frusterated with her computer.

And my enchanted forest does indeed have unicorns. I will show you pictures when I get home (they look really weird, otherwise I'd just post them.) Today I created a replica on a peice of paper. My Enchanted Forest includes:
-Princess locked ın tower
-Knıght ın shınıng armour
-Garden ın the sky
-Dragon's Den
-Witch's house
-100 Acre Woods ( I know, not exactly a fairytale... but I like the name)
-Magical Unicorn Meadow
-Mermaid's Lagoon!
-Fairy's Cottage
-Vikings in the Magical Stream
-Village of Helpless Townspeople
-Castle
It is intense. Like, seriously? I had to wear pants today instead of my skirt because you could faintly see the black lines through my tights. Rofl.

Linda said...

OOH who may the knight be? BH, L, J, or LSA? Or perhaps the cute beanpole?
Haha that does sound intense.

Maeghan said...

The BH took me a while.. even though I was talking about him today (le gasp!). Really, that tie he wore at the Grad Ceremony was the best thing ever. This knight in shining armour is none of those (excellent) fellows. Hehe. Although he's wearing a helmet, so I could tell you it's anyone. Or you could just assume it's whoever you want.

Kathleen said...

Ha ha ha... Vikings in the Magical Stream...

BH? I'm going to guess who that is but I still don't understand why...

Wait, I don't know. Who is BH?

Maeghan said...

Ben Hughes! He won the top mark in all three sciences award and was valadictorian and I told Savannah she could marry him but then decided that she couldn't because I was going to.. That was like, a year ago. Except not the valadictorian thing.. but anyways.