Monday, December 1, 2008

You know those Mini-entries I promised to stop writing?

So I got another couple of packages. One from Mattie's family, who sent each of us Advent calendars, and one from my family. They send me my calculator (oh how I missed you!) on request, and to pack it safely, they sandwiched it between two bags of mini-marshmallows! You can't get marshmallows in Turkey. Well, actually you can. For 19YTL you can have a regualr sized bag of jet-puffed at some random store near Osmanbey that sells stuff you can get at home like sour cream. But I don't love them that much.

So I excitedly shared these little white puffs of heaven with my host family... who hated them! What?! How can you dislike them? Yumuşak, they kept saying. Soft. Come to think of it, they didn't like the mini-oreos either. Oh well, more for myself! Although, I'm already starting to feel sick. I wonder if my classmates would like to try some tomorrow. I think I'll bring a bag to school. If no one likes them, Emily and I can eat them by ourselves.

-Maeghan

6 comments:

Rowan said...

Marshmallows!??!?! They don't like marshmallows?!?!? Oh my gosh....

By the way, you should sing Jingle Bells in Turkish. That would be sweet. Do you remember in grade three (I think it was) when we went up to that fort ansrode in a wagon-thinger pulled by horses? We sang Jingle Bells and Oh Canada! Oh love.

Pee dot ess: I just lost the game.

Linda said...

They're missing out.

Kathleen said...

Oh wow, now you definitely have to sing A Marshmallow World. My word is Allanic, which I capitalized because it is a good name for a son.

Kathleen said...

It is two names in one, you see. Now it's Ungesse, which can be the daughter's name.

Maeghan said...

Kathle. I miss you. My word is Snege, which can be your last name.

Kathleen said...

I miss you too! And my word verification is so good this time!

"perchoob"