Tuesday, December 30, 2008

İstanbul + Snow = Charlie Chaplin Style Fun

So.. we got like, 1 cm of snow last night. This wreaked havoc on the city. And made my ride to school the best morning ever. I saw busses stopped with passengers getting out to push, taxis spinning their wheels in the snow, cars abandoned by the side of the road, vehicles unable to get up a hill about as steep as.. oh wait, it wasn't steep at all! And, of course, people bundled up like the michelin man. Everyone on my bus is getting annoyed because we're super late and the traffic is terrible... and I can't help but giggle insanely in the back of the bus.


Fastforward to third period. I have spent all morning in the Foreign Langauges Department, proofreading. Now I head to my classroom where I present each classmate with a Canada flag, a Canada pencil, and a candy cane. Then, I go to sit down and İdil and Merve and Melis come in with a cupcake with a candle in it and everyone starts singing Happy Birthday to me! Awww! And they all kissed me on the cheeks, so cute!


Good day. Also? My host mommy this morning wished me "Happy birthday!" in English.. and she doesn't speak English! Aw! Seni seviyorum!


-Maeghan

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day Chickadee!
Happy Birthday!!!
love mom

Unknown said...

happy b-day meag hope u have a good 16th
:p

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday sweetie! Sorry we missed you on MSN...

Love Dad

Kathleen said...

Aw! Yay! Happy birthday!!!

Rowan said...

Happy Birthday love! Hope your day is wonderful!

Linda said...

CHARLIE CHAPLIN? must read on!

haha I like how chaos came from 1 cm. In the green belt behind my house, I saw a lady walking her dog, and the path seem to have been shoveled, because I could not see the dog. The snow level was higher than a Golden Retriever, and is still getting higher...

Go Canada! Way to go Maeghan for infiltrating Istanbul with the Canuck flag.

Aw I'm glad you had a good birthday :)

Cumpleanos feliz! (and I would put a tilde, so I don't actually mean the anos part...but that would tie in to me being mıymıntı.