Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Woahheadcold.

My thinking is about as fast as the half-turtles that plague the doorways and staircases in Medicine Hat High School. So. Today was good. I did very little, but had a good time. I went to all my afternoon classes and spent all my morning classes in the Second Language Department. It was a nice ballance. We drew names for a secret santa thing, and now I have no clue what to get my classmate. Oh dear. This is ridiculously difficult. And yes, we're giving gifts for Christmas! Hehe! I will still bring Canadian gifts for all of my classmates. English class was pretty excellent, as always. We were doing "hot verbs- take and put". Lol.

"Give me an example of the verb Take."
"Ah! Teacher, he şey takes a cake!"
"Okay, can I put a cake?"
"No."
"Yes, I can. I can put a cake down. I can take a cake. I can do a lot of things with cake. I can throw a cake, or I can put it on the ground and stomp on a cake..." (of course the entire time I'm thinking, this is funny, but the kicking kittens example takes the cake! but I didn't want to confuse anyone.)

They always mention cake. Do you think Mr. Wright is sick of it yet? Y'know, what with his You can put it on the ground and stomp on cake. You know what else he's sick of? The girls in the front right side of the room who talk through every class. So sick of them that today he grabbed Berksu's chair and desk and pulled her across the room. And then to the door when she continued to talk from her new location. It was very, very funny.

Ben "Does everyone understand?"
A Boy "Yes, Teacher, we understand!"
A Girl "Anlamadım."
Ben "You don't understand? Why don't you understand?"
Another Girl "Because she is a mongrel!"
Me "A mongrel?"

I love English class.
-Maeghan

5 comments:

Linda said...

And if only bashing the slow mind with a binder could speed it up. That might slow it down even further though.

Haha NICE. It takes the cake. Although hard to say--between crushing cakes and kicking kittens.

A mongrel. Nice.

laura said...

That is so funny! And it's kinda sad but I have to say that your English class conversations sort of sound like the conversations we have in choral sometimes... Well, not exactly but sometimes I'm just like "OK, what the heck are we talking about?"

Kathleen said...

I thought you meant literal turtles for a second...!! I can do a lot of things with cake too. A mongrel! Ha ha... Your teacher sounds great. I will take this time now to tell you a random anecdote about math class. Today it was the last day before holidays, so we played Hangman, and Mrs. Burry was writing one, and she wasn't even done writing half the blanks yet, and Connor just says, "The remainder theorem?" and she threw candy at him for guessing right. It was the best Hangman playing I have yet seen!

Maeghan said...

I miss you guys. You realise that I will NEVER have a class with any of you ever again? Unless you take Bio 30 semester 1 next year and some Physics class.. hmm. I should figure this out.

Linda said...

Physics! And Spanish 30!

hm. my word is "lints"