Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Those Bus Children

That's right! More adventures on the school bus. The little boy was beside me again, and first he just wanted to talk. Okay, I sort of understand what he's saying now. Then, he wanted to know if I could read. So I got to read the side of his juice container. It was a really fancy Scooby-Doo one. Called a Bellywasher. A name which he asked me to explain. I rubbed my tummy and said "to clean". Sorry kid, it was the best I could do. Then! Rock, Paper, Scissors! In Turkish! Hoorah. I got my butt kicked. After a while this boy decided we should play "Spiderman, Superman, Batman". And I believe that Spiderman beat Batman who beat Superman who beat Spiderman. And all I could think was that spiderman wouldn't beat anyone. (Sorry, if I've insulted anyone's superhero preferenes). Batman could potentially win due to coolness, but Superman is obviously the strongest.

Today in Turkish class, my teacher stiff-armed one of the students. It was pretty hillarious, considering Emily pretends (or wishes she could) stiff-arm people all the time. And! When I turned on my calculator for the first time since our math final, "SWEET NECTAR." was innocently sitting there, displayed on my screen. This caused me to burst out laughing for no apparent reason...

I was talking to Mr. Wright, and I think I'm going to start doing stuff for the Second Language Department. Thank goodness, I was near death. And boredom is a (mentally) painful way to die. We'll see what happens. Next week is the second Bayram, which means no school! I don't understand what my family is doing, but we're going somewhere. I think.

-Maeghan

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

Spider-Man is pretty good at science though. Oh man that is hilarious about your calculator!!!

Ok, I have now OFFICALLY caught up on the blog. Sorry about all the annoying comments. It was necessary!

Linda said...

But it's obvious that a ninja would trump all of them.

Oh my....sweet nectar eh?

Unknown said...

a second Bayram and going away with your family sounds like fun. I'll look forward to reading about your adventures through your blog.
xo
Mom

Savannah said...

Maeghan, I hope you thought of me the second you read SWEET NECTAR.
Oh, and btw, Kyle is in my physics class.
He likes to shout out "china" and "julian" whenever xD