Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Not Playing at Decent Times

Well.. okay, it isn't that curious. But it was slightly disappointing. So I make it all the way over to Asia to catch a movie that isn't playing at the time we thought it was. BOO. So what is the obvious line of action for a Brazilian, an American, and this Canadian? Try on fancy clothes in all the stores in the mall. Really really fun until you fall in love with something way out of your price range. (60 YTL for a shirt? I think not.. 400 YTL for a dress? I was too afraid to touch that one.)

We tried on fun stuff (the Ryan Gosling dress- looked like it could have been worn in The Notebook), crazy stuff (silver leggings that screamed.. well, I'm not sure what exactly they were screaming, I couldn't hear them over our hysterical laughter, but think superhero wannabe meets bad sci-fi movie budget), gorgeous stuff (formal dresses! need I say more?), and the most dangerous- regular everyday stuff.

The last led to me buying a black t-shirt that says:
All
Your
Basic
Us
Belong
To
Which I know makes no sense, but I love it anyways. I'm resisting the urge to skip school tomorrow just to wear that shirt.

OH! While in the mall I ran into my future host sister. Never met before. Which was fabulous and exciting, except that after the last store I had decided I needed to wear my hair in a side ponytail until the next store.. Nice.

Today overall was really good. I felt so much like me. I don't know if that makes sense, but being here I'm not quite focusing on myself or.. I don't know how to describe it. It's like I just remembered a part of who I am that was missing? I can't explain. But it felt great. I was happy and full and really good. I'll end the nonsense.

Love you all!
-Maeghan

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wait... So that phrase got lost in translation TWICE???

Kathleen said...

And oh man I feel your pain about movie times...

Maeghan said...

I'm not sure where it came from, but it definitely brought to mind "All your base are belong to us."
So maybe!

Unknown said...

glad to hear you are resisting the urge to skip school to wear your new t-shirt.
love you.
mom

Linda said...

I'm glad you had a great day despite the movie mishap :)

Carly said...

I'm really, really glade that there were no pictures of those leggings. Just. Seriously.