Friday, February 20, 2009

Skating

We went skating today! Yes, I skipped school. For the first time this year. For the first time ever, actually. It was rather liberating.
It was a going-away party for Jessica. She's a short-term so she's going home to Brazil (just in time for Carnival). We went skating in Bakırköy (closer to my house, yay!) and ate icecream and tried on really expensive clothes.
I was the one dragging people around the rink.. hooray for still being able to stand on skates. But it felt like just as I had finally remembered how and actually started to skate skate, time was up and they kicked us off the rink. Boo.

-Maeghan

2 comments:

Linda said...

Lucky girl. Did you tell everyone to wear skirts?

Kathleen said...

Ha ha, I am glad you had a good day. Did you march in the middle of a big parade?

Also, when you get back, you can help me relearn how to skate! Yay!