Monday, February 16, 2009

Paper Flowers and German Class

I spent all but last period working for the English Department. It was nice because I definitely didn't wake up until around 4th period and had I been sitting in class I would have fallen asleep. All day I made paper flowers! We're decorating the stage for Spring Festival (which is like.. still a month away) which means we'll need a lot. Of course, being OCD I only got 13 flowers done today, but they're also really big and I wasn't working as hard as I could have been (numerous air guitar solos interrupted my cutting... that's what you get for sticking an exchange student in a room alone with her iPod..).

BUT. By the end of the day I was done with cutting out petals for a while and so I went to 8th period. Which happened to be German. Sefa was handing out the worksheet and he gave me one. Then he got to the back of the room and I thought he said something like "we don't have enough!" I don't know. So I tried to give mine back, but he told me I should work and the teacher (she's so cute!) came up to me and was like (in English, even cuter!) "You should learn German, your last test was not very good!" Hehehehe. So I wrote down what everyone else wrote down and sort of followed along. Kind of.

Our first activity was to choose which "Adjektive" didn't fit with the others.
Number five was: chic, modern, elegant, French
My immediate reaction (since all of these words are almost identical in German, I understood it!) was "Uh... they all go together." But of course, they think French does not go with chic, elegant, and modern. Whatever!

So I'm off to google language tool to figure out what the heck my homework says.
Love you!
-Maeghan

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

That is so funny, about the adjective activity! So what is Spring Festival all about?

Linda said...

What kind of paper flowers are they? (take a photo!)

Haha air guitar sounds like something good to do while having OCD.

Hm, my word is "gashme". Eek.

Heh. French does fit.