Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No! Say Something Logical!

English today was.. near unbearable. We played a game. Boys against girls.
How do I explain to you the way the boys behaved? Hmm.. think 7 Kyles on one team, and a girl (who would probably be me back home) insisting they shut up and play the game correctly... Needless to say this ended with me (only understanding parts of what was being said, in English and in Turkish.. some of their accents!) hitting my head against the desk repeatedly, silently begging "shut up shut up shut up".

The rest of the day was extremely boring. Not even worth mentioning. (and yet I do anyways?) I hung out in the English Department since the library was locked. No reading National Geographic in Turkish today.

Actually! At one point (hehehe) Sean got up from his crossword to look something up on the computer, and I randomly filled in letters while he wasn't looking. As far as I can tell he hadn't realized and was still working on it by the time I left..
It's just that he gets so serious about them! And he does one every day. I've been fantasizing about it doing this for a couple months now. Rather unsatisfying, actually.

-Maeghan

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sweet nectar that sounds pretty bad.

It also seems pretty cool that a guy could be so focused on his crosswords.

Kathleen said...

Well I hope you cheered up! Bad days are no fun. I guess that is what makes them bad. Anyway... Yeah that is funny about the crosswords!