Thursday, February 19, 2009

Er.. Memory Loss

I had something to say, I swear!
Okay... um.. the school wants Emily and Jimena and I to make a video of ourselves to send to the school board. This'll be interresting. I'm going to start filming my part tomorrow-
"Hi, I'm Maeghan Jerry from Canada. This year I'm attending İstek Bilge Kağan as an exchange student with Rotary. I love my school and my classmates are really great. That's why I'm here in Bakırköy on a Friday afternoon skating (yup, SKIPPED), while they're all writing another öss practice exam."
Okay.. maybe not the last bit.

Anyways, I recieved a package today from Janine and I was ridiculously happy. At first I was like "what is this thing blocking my door?" but then when I realized what it was I couldn't help but jump up and down with excitement.

Oh! I've started talking.. differently. Like, instead of saying "I don't get it" I say "I don't understand." (which happens to be the english translation of what I would say in turkish). Little things like that.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ha ha ha, I will have to see this video. And yay! That's happy! I have a question: Have you started saying "as well" or "also" instead of "too"?

Maeghan said...

I said "also" before I left.. but I do say "as well" more often now.

THERE! Did you see that? Instead of just "I say this more now" I had to add the often! WHY?!

Linda said...

that's good! you'll sound so much smarter than the rest of us. and more polite. I'll just be stuck with fumbling for words that don't exist.