Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oof Yaa!

My brain is like, so fried. I was reading a book in Turkish today in the library. By the end of the first page I was thinking at about half my normal speed, and half way through the second I gave up and read more Sherlock Holmes. Those two pages took me two classes. How slow is that?! Over an hour to read a page and a half. After reading a story in English I went back to the Turkish books. I found one with lots of pictures and read the captions (short, sweet, and to the point!). The worst is when you see a word and you know you know what it means but cannot for the life of you remember. It kills.

Maeghan

6 comments:

Paul Jerry said...

It takes brain power to read a different language.

Marita said...

Good for you!! Don't be discouraged it only gets better I promise. And yes that certainely kills...lol Take care.

EmilyRose said...

Wow, and Turkish is tough. Somehow I made a friend with a girl in Turkey on facebook, and tried to talk to her in Turkish. Hahahha. I think she just got confused. And it is good that you are reading in it!! I know what you mean about the brain slowing down, mine does the same thing. And I am happy I can make you laugh, I always think of humorous things while they are ovccurring and sometimes even laugh out loud, people ask what is wrong with me lol. So that is why I put the "heheheheh" because I am laughing too....at myself.
Hugs from Brasil,

EMILYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Linda said...

Basically anything that you know you know but can not remember kills. Especially when there are people waiting for you to remember and they're people you want to impress, or at least not want to look like an idiot in front of.

Kathleen said...

I could not ever read a book in something other than English, I think.

Kathleen said...

What I mean to say is, YOU ARE AMAZING AT IT.