Monday, November 17, 2008

Another Day in Turkey

"Today was very exciting. Merve and İdil took me to the car park."

When I was on my way to lunch I got stopped by a couple of grade 9 girls who wanted to talk to me about globalization for some class project. All I could think about was "More similarity in our differences" and the feildtrip to Safeway. Good times in social last year. I ended up just talking with them akwardly all lunch so I never really got to eat. I think they're planning to talk to me again, so if anyone remembers anything from social last year, I'd really like to sound smart...

Other than that it was just another day in Turkey.

-Maeghan

6 comments:

laura said...

Oh, social last year! All I remember is, um... nothing actually. I'll get back to you on that.

Just say that there are many economical, social and environment impacts that globalization has on our world. And that we must assess our roles and responsibilities in a globalizing world. And say something about media influencing globalization.

That just about sums up what I learned in social 10. That would be nothing.

Unknown said...

car park?... don't keep us hanging.
Mom

Linda said...

Oh goodness, globalization....
And this year it is all about nationalization and how it affects our identity and to what extent should we embrace it. Kill me now, basically. Answering questions such as "To what extent should we embrace our national interest...using the Bolsheviks as an example." And oh, this is a month-long assignment so it better be good since it will be 1 of the 4 major assignments of the year. Argh.

Haha Laura. And then ask them "to what extent do you, or do you think you should embrace your global identity?" Add what Laura said and they will have just had an Albertan Social 10 crash course 101.

And a "sticky" song that you can sing while you're at it would be "It's a Small World." Oh my goodness, should not have even mentioned that stupid song because now I'll be singing it in those annoyingly high voices. (Not out loud, obviously. Oh my, that would be so much worse. I hope I am not reduced to that.)

Linda said...

Oh, and by the way, have you read The Host?
And do you remember what the last Fruits Basket volume you have is?

Maeghan said...

I have no idea Linda, sorry.
Laura, thanks for the help.
Mom, it's a parking lot. About as intense as it gets around here.

Kathleen said...

Social. Ha ha! That's fun. I remember we watched The Mission. And. Yeah. We made a PowerPoint presentation on the Millenium Development Goals. Hmm... That is not helpful.