Friday, November 7, 2008

Maeghan Has An Excellent Day for No Specific Reason <3

Randomness.  First off, today I did lots of talking, and in Turkish!  This alone would make my day super good, but Emily and I also spent some time in 'Our Office' (the library) reading the Turkish equivalent of an Eyewitness book on Animals.  We also made fun of the Listening Test that the english classes had to do.  I'm sorry, but if you're going to put on a tape of people speaking in British accents about 'this rubbish everywhere!' I can't help it.  Rubbish is just a swell word.
 
Yesterday in English class (with the class only half-listening, as usual) Esra said 87 really loud (in Turkish).  Mr. Wright asked "Oh, are we just randomly saying words now? Squirrell?"
Then for the rest of class he would randomly add a word into the middle of his sentences.  Airplanes, cats, chinchillas, wolf, and 64 were all mentioned.  And I was the only one laughing.  Heh.
 
Most people here have brown eyes.  I wouldn't really notice, except that I have a difficult time telling whether someone is looking at ME or at someone beside me or behind me.  I find it really weird and it often leads to akwardness.  OH.  You weren't talkinig to me...
 
Oh! And one of the boys in my class has what could almost be an east coast accent when he talks in English.  It's very cute.
 
Next week (Tuesday, I think) I'm visiting the Atatürk Mausoleum.  Wow.  Did I spell that right?  Rotary is taking us.  Tres exciting.  My first trip to Ankara, the capital.
 
-Maeghan


Win a trip with your 3 best buddies. Enter today.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a terrific time in Ankara Chickadee.
love,
Mom Dad and Mitch
xo

Linda said...

Ugh...stupid computers and internets and fussinesses. But 2 i's on a keyboard? That's cool! Well, not in this case I guess. Yes, it's Ned and Chuck from Pushing Daisies. Which is a really cute show. I'd love to see photos of you in a cowboy outfit!

Congrats on improving! And for some reason the word "rubbish" reminded me of Harry Potter.

What? That is so randomly bizarre and awesome. I'd love to have our teachers insert random words.

Accents in general are generally cute. Have fun at Ankara.

Kathleen said...

What the heck are you talking about, Linda? Also, that is my favourite show! Anyway. Most people EVERYWHERE have brown eyes it would seem. Argh. Mine don't work for me. Also, I am not sure what an east coast accent would sound like. Oh wait. Do you mean Canada? Like Newfoundland? Ok, that makes sense, I was thinking the east coast of the United States, don't ask me why! Ok. And a mausoleum? Spooky! Or really it's not, I guess. Have fun!

Kathleen said...

Oh and I got new glasses! Yeah... I guess you didn't need to know that. Ha ha! Ha, my word is "emangsh".

Kathleen said...

OH and ok, I just got it now what you were talking about Linda, and your site is sweet! Ha ha!

Linda said...

haha thank you Kathleen. Pushing Daisies is my favourite show also!

EmilyRose said...

Hahah np. Thank you for the comment!!
Ahahah you have a friend named EMily there!! Emily's rule the world, there are even some here. Like one time a few years ago I went onto this chat room called "EMily's taking over the world!" it was all people named emily. Hahah random.
Well, he wanted to take of his long pants without taking off his shorts and was too lazy to go upstairs lmao. He is my host brother and is 13.
I love that you are doing well too!! And talking in Turkish!! what a Turkish Delight!!
Em <3

Allen said...

Great post! I think Istanbul and Mumbai have many similarities. The British empire was in India for a while so there are lots of British words here, Specs is a pretty swell word too. and so is tomato pronounced toe-maa-toe instead of toe-may-toe. That is funny with the words people were just saying.