Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Phantom of my Kitchen is Here!

So I was cooking myself up some eggs last night... Does it not resemble the Phantom's mask?
ANYWAYS.
Today was a good day. The library was closed during the period when we had a German test, so I just went to the classroom I was supposed to be in (which ended up being my own) and pulled out my flash-cards. Well the Religion teacher was supervising the test, and gave me my test paper, even though I'm exempt. Whatever. So I just leave it where he put it and continue to do my flashcards. A couple minutes later he comes up to me wanting to know why I'm not doing the test, but I don't really understand what he's saying and don't know how to answer anyways. As he's pointing at the top where I haven't filled in my name, class, or student number (22222, now aren't I special?) I just sort of look at him. The class (which is actually a bunch of students from all different classes mixed up so they can't cheat off of each other) starts laughing, because even they know that I don't know Turkish. And actually, my class has told this teacher twice before...
So I dig out my pencil and write my name on the test paper. That's when I think, "Well, why not have a look?" So I read through the test. And there's a true or false section. "Well I have a 50% chance of getting each question right..." Then there's a fill in the blanks with a word box. "Well, it wouldn't hurt to try..." So by the end I did the entire test. The German test. I can barely tell when words are German and when they're Turkish during class. I mean, obviously Die whatever-scht is German, but sometimes it's hard to differentiate. For parts where there were no options, I took after Janine and wrote things like "Have a happy heart!". Unfortunately, I don't know enough German or Turkish to say things like that, so it was in English. Heh. The trilingual test paper. I wonder what I got...
-Maeghan
PS. Haha. Guess what guys? You just lost the game! Ah ha. I hope you're reading, Janine.
And I can't believe y'all are in on it! For how long has this been popular?

4 comments:

Linda said...

GASP! Sock puppet Maeghan has seen the Phantom of the Opera! ballet anyway.

Turkey=eggs...and bacon? turkey bacon?

So does the mixing up actually work for preventing the cheating? Wow. You seem to have some pretty clueless teachers. Das ist gut! ...sometimes...

That is awesome! I wish I could write a trilingual test.

And curse you Maeghan.

Still, ich liebe dich!

laura said...

OK, this is possibly the most bizarre situation that you could ever imagine being in.

You are in a country where you don't fully grasp their language yet and you are in a class where they are learning a different language and a religion teacher makes you take the test because he is unaware you don't speak either of the languages in the classroom.

It's sounds like more fun when you put it that way
doesn't it?
I bet you passed.

Maeghan said...

Rofl. If I passed, I will flip out. Like, run screaming to Emily's classroom to show her. It would be freakin' fabulous.

Kathleen said...

Holy! That picture is hilarious! I bet you did better than I will do on my math test...