Friday, November 21, 2008

The World Loves Me

I'm not kidding. Today was just a good day to be me.

I went with the 2nd group of students to the police station to apply for my residence visa thing today.
I didn't meet everyone else in Taksim beforehand and get a ride (because Taksim is further from my house than the station) and they got there before me. Işıl and Mustafa handed in my passport with the rest of the students' and my name was called as I walked in the door. Talk about perfect timing!
So then we went through the station to get numbers (as in what number you are in line) and I was 58. When the first group went, they were in the 400s. The second time (they had lots of problems) they were at 130. And it took them all day both times, but today we left before lunch- score!
Plus, there's one lady who does the permits who doesn't accept the Rotary scholarship (even though other permit people do), so when we've gotten her, we've had to get new numbers and try again in hopes that we'll get someone else. But today, Derek and I each missed her by one. Lucky. So my guy accepted me and my papers will be done by tomorrow. Yay!

Afterwards, Emily, Blase, Mattie, and I had an adventure walking to Taksim from Işıl's office. I found a path that eventually lead us there when I went to examine an abandoned giant disco ball. Gosh I wish we'd had our cameras. But no one took them because you have to hand them in at the police station and that's a pain. So no giant disco ball pictures for you. I'll find it again some time. We also found the gondolas, and Mattie and I are planning to ride them another day, just for fun. Hehe!
We hung out in a park all afternoon, talking and philososcizing. Is that a word? Whatever. Doesn't really matter- you know what I mean.

Now I'm a-chattin' to my family via webcam on msn. Perfect end to a great day.

-Maeghan

5 comments:

laura said...

Pictures?! Why didn't you just take the disco ball and run?

And my word is one letter off being im sold. HA HA! (It's actually ismsold)

Linda said...

What? That's dumb that one of the ladies doesn't accept the scholarship. Bad efficiency. I hate lineups.

I agree that you should have kept the disco ball xD

Gondolas...as in what kind of gondolas? The kind that goes up mountains or the kind that goes down canals?

philososcizing...I like that word. Philosophizing...maybe? I don't know...both are hard to say. Sounds fun either way!

I'm glad that you had a good day :)

laura said...

I just realized that my word was also one letter off being is mold... How could I not have seen that?!?

I am also glad you had a good day!! I hope every one of your days is good.

Don't you love the word gondola?

Maeghan said...

gondola as in goes across a valley (mountain style) and I didn't take the disco ball because when I say giant I mean as big as me.

And Laura? You're a nerd.

Kathleen said...

WHAT?!?! What do you mean? Just on the ground??? (Referring to the disco ball, yes.) I'm glad you had a lucky day!