Saturday, November 29, 2008

Nothing Much

I slept in until ten today. It was absolutely wonderful. I haven't slept past 9 in two months, and I only got to sleep until 9 once. All the other days were 6:30 at the latest. Then Melek's brother and family came over and we ate brunch. Then shopping, except that I didn't get to shop, Güner and I just sat on a bench for a really long time, so I don't know why we went. Afterwards we came back to the apartment and hung out. Me and Melek's 2 nefews made a sim version of their family, and everyone talked to Doğan (my host brother who's in Mexico on exchange) on MSN with webcam. I got to be the tech savvy one and fix the microphone. Go me.

Tomorrow is the Thanksgiving dinner hosted by Rotary (of course we're celebrating the American Thanksgiving, I've been jokingly bugging people about this) and I don't actually know what I'm going to do about cooking something. Maybe I should give my host family a grocery list?

Oh! I cheered when Fenarbahçe scored a goal against Beşiktaş and my host mother threatened not to feed me. Lol. People like their football teams here.

-Maeghan

4 comments:

Linda said...

Go Maeghan! *muscle flex here*

Could you email me your address? (liiindaz@hotmail.com)

Linda said...

Oh, and how was your American Thanksgiving in Turkey? What does it feel like to be eating turkey in Turkey?

Kathleen said...

Man, I would be so bad at going on an exchange, what with all this waking up.

Linda said...

Kathleen would rather just go into a coma while in a foreign country if it means not getting up.