Friday, November 14, 2008

I Want To Say Something! (Söylemek istiyorum!)

It'll be short today. No, really. I swear it'll be like, three paragraphs. Sorry the last one was so long, but I just wanted to get it all overwith and done so I could continue with my life. Not that there was much worth writing about today.

So all I wanted to say was that since I arrived in Turkey I've been counting the number of women I've seen in burkas, and today I saw the 100th. I figure this would give you a good idea of how common it is in the areas of İstanbul I frequent. I saw 102 women in burkas in 79 days. Wow. I can't believe I've been here that long! Crazy.

One last thing. Today in philosophy a girl in my class said "I want to say something!" twice before I thought "Well then say it already!" That's when I realized I understood what she said! EXCITING. I didn't catch just a word, I caught a whole sentence! I rock. *Shows off muscles* But you already knew that.

-Maeghan

PS. I took a test today that will tell me what sort of job I should have. I can't wait to get the results. It took me all class because Burcu had to translate for me, but I was suprised at how many words I was able to recognise.

PPS. I always have more to say than I think I do when I start. Heh.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You do rock Chickadee!
love
Mom

Savannah said...

¿Reconoce esto?

TE AMO!!

laura said...

You know how impressed people are going to be when you come back and you can tell them you speak Turkish?
Really freaking impressed.

Linda said...

You have amazing muscles. I miss your the Maeghan-flex-moves. Congrats!

Those career tests that we take here are always so silly...but some of them actually fit somewhat.

And the whole longer-than-expected would totally apply to my comments.

It is so awesome to be able to speak Turkish. Not many people here can say that.

Linda said...

PS. Beautiful profile picture :)
Reminded of: If I could take a photo, I would take...but no, because that's creepy (reminded of: me. such a creeper.)

Yumuşak heart. I think I'd like to steal that phrase. But probably only ever to say to you since others will stare. (again, creeper. wow I'm so cool.)

Marita said...

Hey! I just caught up on your super long blog entry! Loved the pictures and the theatre you were in to see James Bond sounds completely epic. I'm glad to hear things are going well and that you are feeling more and more confident in Turkish!

Maeghan said...

Speaking of impressing people, Laura. If I pass my test on Friday, I get a certificate that will say something along the lines of "Maeghan knows Level 1 Turkish".

That is freakin' good incentive to study. Because it'll be so useful in a resumé in southern Alberta...

Kathleen said...

THAT IS SO SWEET!