Tuesday, November 18, 2008

An Impromptu Field Trip to Asia

So it's poured all day. And everything is wet. (Whoa, seizure-inducing TV program just came on) During the first break in between classes, the VP came into our classroom and said something and everyone was like "Yeah!", "Woo-hoo!", etc. Turns out we were taking an unexpected field trip. Party. So we pile into like, ten mini busses (because there are several classes going), and I end up in the Principal's bus. Sweet. Yet again I get to look like an idiot as someone tries to talk to me. Just smile and nod.
Anyways, we visited an İstek university, which I'd actually already been to, back in August. There was theoretically a tour of the campus involved, but the group of students + the VP got lost. Lol. I did end up seeing some actors doing.. something. It was cool. The teacher had one guy step forward (he was dressed all in black, techie style) and she pretended to take a string from his hand at lift it up, and hang it somewhere so that his arm was up. Then she turned his hand and lifted one finger using her 'invisible string'. I don't know what they were saying, but it looked really good. When she was finished she went to do something else, and the guy asked her if she would untie the strings because his arm was getting tired! It was very cute. So she came back and pretended to undo the strings and he moved just like they were actually there. I was very impressed.
Also, Emily and I ran into Con, the Rotex president, who happens to go to that university. The campus is HUGE, so it was amazing that we'd see him.
The trip took all day. Which was okay because we had an English test and I hadn't read the text.
Just when I was starting to miss home (having heard about the recent snow) it dropped to 9 degrees. Okay, I don't miss you that much, Canada. The temperature here is just fine.

-Maeghan

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

MIIIIIME!

Linda said...

What would the seizure-inducing TV be like?

I miss field trips. Smile and nod is always the best policy. Well actually no, which is probably why I'm always such a failure in conversations and such.

I love mimes and miming. And you got to miss an English test for this? What?

It's 0 degrees right now.

Big Lights, Bright City said...

I love impromptu field trips =) they never happen in Canada haha

sounds like your having an amazing time!

Maeghan said...

I know! I am in love with this random university student who I;
a) have never spoken to
b) will never see again, and
c) wouldn't recognise if I did

It was just adorable how he asked for the teacher to untie the strings.

Linda said...

^I know that feeling too well.