Sunday, November 16, 2008

Turkish Class = Yumuşak Heart

Yesterday in Turkish Class we played a game. We each got a piece of paper that had seven columns. They asked:
Who? Who with? When? Where? What did they do? Who saw? What did they say?
We would write in the first column, fold the paper so that you couldn't see what was written and pass the papers. The next person would fill in the next column and fold that. You get the idea. By the end we had crazy mini-stories in Turkish. Çok güzel! It was soo much fun. I'll translate some for you.
- Last Wednesday in Brazil, Tarkan and a pilot ate your mother. Everyone saw and said "Get well soon!"
-Yesterday in class, Jimmer and John took a shower. Tom Cruise saw and said "I love you!"
-Yesterday on the dark side of the moon, Atatürk and Maeghan came. Your mother saw and said "This is very interesting, but at the pool it's very nice."
-Two days ago in Australia, Eve and Maeghan ate and went to school. Batman saw and said "Korkma sönmez bu şafaklarda yüzen al sancak..." (The Turkish national anthem)
-Yesterday at Jimmer's house, Santa Claus and Menekşe (our Turkish teacher) had a picnic, danced, and drank beer. The doctor saw and said "Enjoy your meal!"
Okay. Enough of those. I'm enjoying them, but I don't know if they're as funny to you.

In class today I decided to be creative when we were making a story using the pictures. This brought up freckles, which everyone agreed are excellent. Jimmer said "A face without freckles is like a night without stars." Tres cute!

After class Mattie and I met up with Meara Abla and ate dessert in a Café in Osmanbey. That's all. Tomorrow I have school YET AGAIN. Ah the never-ending cycle. It's getting harder to wake up in the morning. Not only am I always tired, but it's starting to still be dark when I wake up. And since I have nothing to do at school, and really no reason to go except Rotary, it's even more difficult.

-Maeghan

PS. I realised on Thursday that I don't have 'Drops of Jupiter' on my iPod. Le gasp!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Yep, those are pretty much my feelings for the Twilight movie. But you'd get to watch it an awesomely cool Turkish theatre!

That sounds like fun! Wish we did that in our classes. Wow, your class sounds awesome just by those little messages.

Aw...that is so cute. So cute. *fangirl melt*...I think you and I might have perfected that around LSA

I know...it's already dark here and it's only 5:30. It should not be so dark at 5:30! It's depressing. The only plus is that you can drive faster earlier in playground zones.

That's what that song is called! I hear it all the time, but can never remember what it's called.

Kathleen said...

Ha ha that Santa one is hilarious!

EmilyRose said...

Hahah yeah little kids rock!!nmost of the time... Yeah 4 in da morning with them on a bus would suck.. :(

Thanks for the congrats!!

I found those mini stories funny lol. And I don't have drops of Jupiter on my ipod either :(

lol, keep turkeying around!!

<3 Em

laura said...

Ha ha ha! Those are sooo funny! I love the Tom Cruise one.
And I also enjoy Jimmer's freckle comment! YAY!!